Screenreader Navigation - [ Skip to Content | Skip to Main Navigation ]
[FSU Seal Image] - Return to Home
Florida State University - Return to Home

Page supergraphic

Education / Research / COE Office of Research / Obtaining Participants and Permissions

Obtaining Participants and Permissions

Getting University Permission to Conduct Research

All research conducted by FSU faculty and graduate students must be approved in advance by the FSU Institutional Review Board (IRB) (also known as the Human Subjects Committee). To obtain permission, you must first complete the IRB online application. Use the instructions for completing the IRB application as needed.


Finding Participants in the FSU College of Education

The College of Education has established a subject pool consisting of undergraduates who, for extra credit, have agreed to participate in one or more research studies conducted by COE faculty and graduate students. To find out how you can recruit students from this subject pool, go to the COE Subject Pool Blackboard website.

Finding Participants at FSU

The university can help you find FSU students in other colleges to serve as participants. To get assistance, contact Julie Haltiwanger in the Human Subjects Office. 


Finding participants in Grades K – 12

FSU Students

Florida State University School (K–12)

Click on the links below to find the guidelines and forms for conducting research at the Florida State University School.





Leon County Schools (preK-12)

Click on the link below to find the guidelines and forms for conducting research in the Leon County Schools.






How to work with participants at Leon County Schools