Our faculty is made up of professionals widely acknowledged as the finest in their fields. They have distinguished themselves in many disciplines and have gained high regard from international peers. Their academic careers are marked by excellence and the excitement of discovery – two traits essential for educating America's next generation of educational leaders.
Our students can work and study with a diverse and outstanding faculty that includes eight distinguished professors and two Fulbright Scholars. Many faculty members hold honors such as the Robert O. Lawton Distinguished Professor Award, the FSU Award for Excellence in Undergraduate Teaching, and Developing Scholar Awards. Additionally, a number of faculty members have assumed major leadership positions within the university and the larger academic community.
Faculty at a Glance
- 73 Tenure-earning
- 35 Non-tenure earning
- University Distinguished Teaching Professors
- Dr. Robert A. Reiser, Associate Dean for Research, Robert M. Morgan Professor of Instructional Systems
- Seven Distinguished Professors
- Dr. Joseph Beckham, Allan Tucker Professor of Educational Leadership and Policy Studies
- Dr. Betsy J. Becker, Mode L. Stone Distinguished Professor of Educational Statistics
- Dean Marcy P. Driscoll, Leslie J. Briggs Professor of Educational Research
- Dr. Barbara Foorman, Frances Eppes Professor of Education
- Dr. Robert Reiser, Robert M. Morgan Professor of Instructional Systems
- Dr. James P. Sampson, Jr., Mode L. Stone Distinguished Professor of Counseling and Career Development
- Dr. Gershon Tenenbaum, Benjamin S. Bloom Professor of Education